Prathama (First Year) - Practical
(1) Basic movements of the body.
(2) Chali Nritta (Traditional dance composition).
(3) Nrittabandha (Punglol Nritta) Dance on rhytham patterns (Alankaras).
(a) Tanchap (Tal Tanchap on 4 or 8 matras) Lasya and Tandav, Two Alankar each.
(b) Menkup (Tal Menkup on 6 matras) Lasya and Tandav, Two Alankar each.
(c) Chali Pareng (Chali Tal of 8 Matras) Lasya and Tandav, 2 Alankar each.
(4) Knowledge of Taal, Matra and Tali, Khali etc. 1
(5) Slokam 1
Prathama (First Year) - Theory
(1) Matragyan (To count matras and write boles with notation).
(2) Knowledge of Talas like Tanchap, Menkup and Chali.
(3) Characteristic of Manipuri Dancing.
(4) Difference between Lasya and Tandav.
(5) Knowledge of Rasdari and Sutrodar.
Prathma (Second Year) - Practical
(1) Nrittabandha (Punglol Nritta) Dance on talas and rhythm patterns (Alankaras).
(a) Tanchap Lasya and Tandav (Two Alankar)
(b) Menkup Lasya and Tandav (Two Alankar).
(2) Nritya Pradandha Pure Dance on Songs.
(a) Gopi Abhisar (b) Radha Abhisar (c) Krishna Nartan
(3) Festival Dance Maibi Dance.
(4) Knowledge of Talas, Boles and Songs of dances learnt.
Prathma - Theory
(1) To write the boles in notation.
(2) Knowledge of Taal, Laya, Matra, Sangit etc.
(3) Knowledge of Pung Cholom and Kartal cholam.
(4) Short history of Laiharoaba.
(5) Technical terms in Taal and Dance e.g. Paring (Theka), Pareng, Chattaba, Baglel, Khaiba, Athaba.
(6) Different Dance festivals performed in Manipur
(1) Nrittabanda Dance on rhythm patterns.
Taal Sufrak of 10 matras (Two Alankar).
(2) Nritya Prabhandha Pure Dance on Prabhandha Song.
(a) Taal Charital of 14 matra with song (Lasya).
(b) Krishno Abhisar (Tandav).
(3) Bhangi Pareng Rakhai Gostha Bhangi Pareng.
(Traditional Dance Composition, Complets).
(4) Hasto Mudra Single and Double hand gestures according to Abhinya Darpana.
(5) Knowledge of Taal, Bole and Songs of the Dance learnt.
Madhyama - Theory
(1) Importance of Bhangi Pareng in Manipuri Dance.
(2) Detailed sequences of various Rasleelas performed by Manipuries.
(3) Tanchep Parans of Tala.
(4) Short history of Nangpok Ningthou and Panthoibi and Khamba thoibi.
(5) Division of nartan according to Shasta.
(6) Technical terms in dance and tala, e.g. Jagoi, Alankar, Punglon, Tanpok, Ipom Phibam.
(7) Knowledge of Talas, Boles and Songs of the Dance learnt.
Visharad Part I - Practical
(1) Nrittabandha Dance of rhythm patterns.
(Taal Tevra of 7 matra, 2 Alankar)
(2) Nritya Pradandha Pure dance on Prabhandha song.
(a) Taal Choutal of 12 matra with song.
(b) Radha Nartan
(c) Jugal Nartan
(3) Bhangi Pareng 0- Traditional Dance Composition Achoula Bhangi Pareng (Lasya)
(4) Festival Dance Mandila Nartan.
(5) Hasta Mudra Double hand gestures according to Abhinaya Darpan.
(6) Knowledge of Taal, Bole and Song of Dance learnt.
visharad part I -theory
(1) Various Taals used in Manipuri Dance.
(2) History of Manipuri Dance.
(3) Contribution of Maharaja Bhagyachandra in Manipuri Dance.
(4) Knowledge of Musical instruments used in Manipuri Dance.
(5) Rabindranath Tagore and Manipuri Dance.
(6) Four kinds of Abhinaya.
(7) Life sketch of Guru M. Amubi Singh, Guru H. Atomba Singh, Guru Amudon Sharma and Guru Rajkumar Senarik Sinha.
(8) Myths and Legends in Manipuri Dance.
Visharad Part ii - Practical
(1) Bhangi Pareng Traditional Dance composition.
Gopi Brindavan Pareng
(2) Nritya Pradandha Pure dance on Prabandha song.
(a) Krishna Balram Nartan with Gendu Khel.
(b) Krishna Narton.
(c) Brinda Narton
(d) Jugal roop Varnan.
(e) Khandita Nayika.
(3) Festival Dance Bhubak Ishai.
(4) Knowledge of Taal, Bole and songs of Dances learnt.
Visharad Part iI - Theory
(1) Taal , Bole and Songs of the Dances learnt.
(2) The influence of regligion and dance on the life of Manipuri People.
(3) Story of Radha and Krishna.
(4) Short history of Arjun and Chitrangada.
(5) Costumes of Manipuri Dances.
(6) Knowledge of Nine Rasas.
(7) Knowledge of Nayikabhedas.
(8) Basic knowledge of Indian Classical Dances.
Nipun Part i - Practical
(1) Bhangi Pareng Rakshal Gostha Bhangi Pareng
(Traditional Dance Composition on Tandev Style)
(2) Nritya Prabandha Bramha Taal (Lasya and Tandav)
Chartaal, 14 matra Lasya style.
Choutaal, 12 matra Lasya style.
Dashkush Taal, 14 matra Lasya style.
(3) One short portion of dance with song from Basanta Raslila (Faghu Khel).
(4) Knowledge of the following Talas
(a) Jaidik Kata
(b) Gojendro Guru
(c) Bishnu Taal
Nipun Part i - theory
(1) Description with illustration of the names of instruments and dresses used in Manipuri dance with their names.
(2) The Bole with notation of prescribed Dances.
(3) Influence of religion in Manipuri Dance and performance of various dances in various festivals.
(4) Detailed description of Maipuri Classical Dance, Folk Dances and Music etc.
(5) Biography of Guru H. Atomba Singh, Guru M. Amubi Singh, Guru Rajkumar Senarik Singh and Guru Amudon Sharma.
(6) History and Origin of Manipuri (Vishnupriya and Meitei).
An Essay on any topic of Dance of general interest.
Nipun Part iI - Practical
(1) Bhangi Pareng Khurumba Bhangi Pareng
(Traditional Dance Composition on Lasya Style)
(2) Dance compositon from the Mythology
a. Kalia Daman,
b. Kanso badh,
c. Makhan Chori
(3) A short portion of dance from Maharas Lila.
(4) Knowledge of the following Talas
(c) Pancham Swari,
(d) Ehokali Juge.
(5) Basic knowledge of any one of the major classical dance of India.
Nipun Part iI - theory
(1) Study of the various forms of the Stages (Rangshala) as explained by Bharata in his Natyashasta.
(2) Study of Nayak and Nayika Bhed.
(3) Comparative study of Manipuri Dance with Kathak and Bahratnatyam.
(4) Cultural influence in Manipuri Dance from other neighbouring States.
(5) Short history of Major Indian Classical dances of India.
(6) Study of Indian Dance-Drama, traditional and modern.
(7) Ravindra Nath Tagore and Manipuri Dance.
(8) Propagation and innovation works in Manipuri dance by the Artists and Teachers.
An Essay on any topic of general interest of Manipuri Dance.
Nipun Part iII
There will be no theory papers. Only practical examination in two parts shall be conducted
A. Stage performance M.M.-200
Demonstration and questionnaire of the following
(1) Specialisation in performance of certain Raslilas :-
(a) Five Bhangi Parengs.
(b) Abhinaya of Krishna, Radha, and Gopini etc.
(c) Composing of Nritta and Nritya on any theme or any song as asked the examiner.
(2) Compostitions from Jaidevs Geet Govinda.
B. Viva Voice M.M.-200
(1) Contribution of Maharaj Bhagya Chndra, Maharaj Chandrakirti, Guru Navakumar Singh, Rabindranath Tagore, Guru Ma. Amubi Singh, Guru H. Atomba Singh, Guru R.K. Senarik Sinha and others.
(2) History of Bhatkhande Sangit Mahavidyalaya/Vidyapith Lucknow and other prominent Music Institution of India their contribution to Manipuri Dance.
(3) General questions on Manipuri Dance and its technique.
(4) General questions from general theory related to dance.