Vidyapith confers following certificates & Diplomas in Folk Dances.
(1) Certificate for two years proficiency course.
(2) Certificate for three years proficiency course (One year course after 2 year proficiency course).
(3) Senior Diploma (2 years courses after 3 years proficiency course).
Two Years proficiency course - Practical
(1) Simple physical exercises on Rhythm Kaharva, Khemta and Dadra Taal (Exercises of Head, Neck, Shoulders, Elbow, Arms, Wrist Finger, Waist, Finger, Waist, Hips, Knees, Legs, Feet, Toes, Heels, Stomach and eyes.)
(a) Foot Work (b) Stepping (c) Waist Movement
(d) Hand Movement (e) Chest Movement (f) Head Movement
(g) Eye Movement (h) Body moulding (i) Step Dancing.
(2) Cahli Nritta (Manipuri Style)
(3) Lezeem (On Kaharva and Dadra for Exercise)
(4) Kartali Britta
(5) Tipri Nritta (Uttar Pradesh)
(6) Dhamail Nritta (Surma Velly)
(7) Garb Nritta (Gujrat)
(8) Bihu Nritta (Assam)
(9) Karma Nritta (U.P.)
(10) Saira Nritta (U.P.)
(11) Santhal Nritta (Bihar)
(12) Ghasiary Nritta (U.P.)
(13) Dandi Ras Nritta (Rajasthan)
(14) Bodo Nritta (Assam)
(15) Thoibi Nritta (Manipur)
(16) Kabui Naga Nritta (Nagaland)
(17) Lezeem Nritta (Advance for Exercise)
(18) Karatali Nritta (Advance for Exercise)
(1) Knowledge of any three of the second years dances their instruments, costumes and back grounds.
(2) Knowledge of Taal – Roopak, Jhaptal, Choutal, Kaharba, Dadra and Khemta (No Folk Dance in this course on Roopak, Jhaptal and Choutal).
(3) Definition of Folk Dance and Classical Dance their similarity and differences.
(4) Basic Knowledge of Folk Dance of U.P.
(5) Detailed knowledge of the folk dance of Kumaun Region.
(6) Classification of Musical Instruments used in Folk Dance.
(7) Life sketch of any one –
(a) Udai Shankar (b) Shanti Vardhan.
three Years proficiency course - third year - Practical
(1) Choolia Nritta (U.P.)
(2) Bou or Badhu Baran Nritta (Cachar)
(3) Ghoomar Nritta (Rajasthan)
(4) Lavani Nritta (Maharashtra)
(5) Jhoomour Nritta (Bihar, Orissa)
(6) Tatina Nritta (Himanchal)
(7) Garaj Nritta (U.P.)
(8) Lezeem Nritta (Advance for Exercise)
(9) Knowledge of paper pulp work.
(1) Knowledge of any three of the third years dances their instruments, costumes and back ground.
(2) Knowledge of Taal –
Kaharva, Dadra, Khemta, Trital, Daskosh (No dance in this course on Trital and Daskosh).
(3) Knowledge of Folk dance and classical dance – their similarity and difference.
(4) An outline of the Folk Dance of Gujrat or Manipur or Assam.
(5) Definition of Nattya, Nritta, Nritya.
(6) Knowledge of the single hand Mudras according to Natya Shastra.
(7) Life sketches of any one Guru of Manipuri Dance – Gutu Amubi singh, Raj Kumar Senarik Singh.
(8) Making of paper pulp.
Senior diploma course (Second Year) - Part I - Practical
(1) Kummi-Kollattam Nritta (Tamil Nadu)
(2) Holi Nritta (U.P.)
(3) Ojha Nritta (Assam-Cachar)
(4) Gidda Nritta (Punjab)
(5) Khomba-Thoibi Nritta (Manipur)
(6) Gajan Nritta (Bengal)
(7) Naga Nritta (Kabui-Nagaland)
(8) Chheran Nritta (Mizoram)
(9) Maibi Britta (Manipur)
(1) Knowledge of any three of the fourth year dances, their instruments, costumes and backgrounds.
(2) Knowledge of Tala – Trital, Ektal, Ada Choutal (No dance on the above Taals).
(3) An outline of the Classical Dances.
(4) Knowledge of double hand Mudras according to Natya Shastra.
(5) Make-up of the folk dancers while dancing at their home place.
(6) Life sketches of Guru Gopi Nath, Smt. Rukmini Devi, Arundale.
(7) Marking of Masks.
(8) Folk dances of India and their classification.
Senior diploma course (Fifth Year) - Part II - Practical
(1) Bhangra Nritta (Punjab)
(2) Kurubanjee Nritta (Tamil Nadu)
(3) Pung Cholom Nritta (Manipur)
(4) Chhou Nritta (Bengal)
(5) Bhotal Nritta (Assam)
(6) Pandau Nritta (U.P.)
(7) Kachhi Ghori Nritta (Rajasthan)
(8) Baul Nritta (West Bengal)
(9) Ta-Tang Britta (Manipur)
(10) Students are required to compose dance on Kaharva and Khemta Tala at the time of Practical Examination on any two of the following –
(a) Mkhan Chori (b) Kaliya Daman
(c) Pea-cock (Mayur Britya) (d) Gend-Khel (Kaudak Krida)
(e) Fish-catching (Matsa Akhet) (f) Harvesting (Khaliyan).
(1) Knowledge of any three of the fifth year Dances, their instruments costumes and backgrounds.
(2) Explain Abhinaya with its four parts.
(3) Definition of Navaras, Sangit, Nritya-Natya Ballet, Opera.
(4) Contributino of Rabindra Nath-Tagore to the folk dance and folk songs.
(5) Explain Natya Shastra and Abhinaya Darpan.
(6) The Rasas according to Shastra and their explanation.
(7) Relation between Folk dance and Classical Dance.
(8) Life sketch of Bindadin Maharaj.
(9) Manner of dressing of the Folk Dancers at the time of their festival.
(10) Folk Dances of India and their classification.